Upload files with entries

Home Forums Guestbook Add-On Upload files with entries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi I want to purchase the add-on.
    But before I do I would like to know if it is possible to add file upload to the new entry form?
    If this is not possible will the be possible in the near future?

Kind regards,
    Jo-An

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi Jo-An,
    Thank you for your interest.

I have no plans for allowing direct file uploads.

When it comes to guest users, I don’t feel comfortable supporting this on this many websites.

But in case you ask, it could be that for logged-in users, there could be a selector for files already in the media directory. Then if people have the capability for upload_files they can upload first and then select it from that file selector. Somewhat like the classic editor maybe :)
    Is that something that would be good enough for you?

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply.
    for the website I’m building the owner wants to allow anonymous users to add pictures to their entries.
    So there is no authenticated user who will use the guestbook.

although I understand your hesitation when it comes to allowing anonymous upload. I share it, but I hoped you might have a secure way to do this. Like a user registration for just the guestbook.

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi Jo-An,
    Ah, anonymous uploads :) I wouldn’t dare to touch that.

If there is a plugin that allows that, let me know which one it is. I can always look into adding a media file picker for the visual formatting (BBcode) so there can be some integration.

For anonymous uploading, there are specific services for that which can make that usefull, that is why there is BBcode, it is used a lot in forums.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.