Expired KeyMap Error

Home Forums Guestbook Add-On Expired KeyMap Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kylie Jebb
    Participant

When I first installed the plugin, I had an issue creating a custom field. It wouldn’t save it for some strange reason. I decided then to update wordpress to 5.5.3 (latest). I think I was using 5.5.1 so not too old anyway. The new custom field in the back end displays ok now but I have a new problem. When I click on the write a new entry button, I get the below exception error. I uninstalled and re-installed but still have the same error.

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .xtd-modal–inline > .vc_btn3[href^=#], a.xtd-modal–inline[href^=#]
    at Function.ea.error (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea.tokenize (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea.select (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ea [as find] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at n.fn.init.find (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at new n.fn.init (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at n (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (scripts-min.js?ver=344359048:2)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

Google Maps JavaScript API error: ExpiredKeyMapError
    js?key=AIzaSyArPwtdP09w4OeKGuRDjZlGkUshNh180z8:70 Google Maps JavaScript API error: ExpiredKeyMapError
    https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#expired-key-map-error
    _.je @ js?key=AIzaSyArPwtdP09w4OeKGuRDjZlGkUshNh180z8:70

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi Kylie,
    The error comes not from this plugin, but apparently from another plugin. Do you use any plugin with a name like “xtd-modal”? It is supposed to create a modal (popup).
    I also see you might be using Visual Composer. Could it be you are using an older version and not the current one?

This could be happening because of the recent jQuery update in WordPress 5.5. You could install this plugin to see if it helps:

Enable jQuery Migrate Helper

If it does help, you are advised to first fix this issue, before upgrading to WordPress 5.6 next month, because this Migrate script will be gone in that update.

Also, about that Google Map error, that is unrelated to the main error. Looking at their documentation it might be that you need to get a new API key.
    Could I interest you in using OpenStreetMap? :) Personally I prefer it over Google Maps.

Kylie Jebb
    Participant

Thanks for your helpful advise. My website is called zenergi.com.au and under the the classes menu is the new review menu which is the page I decided to put the Gwolle plugin. It is now working after I have installed the plugin you suggested (albeit temporary).

I noticed in my dashboard it says the culprit is:-
    https://zenergi.com.au/wp-content/plugins/xtender/assets/front/js/scripts-min.js: Attribute selector with \’#\’ must be quoted: .xtd-modal–inline > .vc_btn3[href^=#], a.xtd-modal–inline[href^=#]

I do have a plugin called extender. I think that is the culprit. It doesn’t explain the expired keymap error as I have no google maps on my website. I am still stumped about that one. Maybe it is in a plugin of some sort???

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi Kylie,
    Looking in the Inspector Console, I see the Google Maps error coming from the xtender plugin as well.

I cannot find that plugin anywhere. It is not listed on wordpress.org. When you go to Dashboard > Plugins, and click on “View Details”, or any other thing that might lead to where the plugin comes from, can you then see where it is coming from? There might be updates available, or if not, you might want to look out for an alternative.

Kylie Jebb
    Participant

When I view those details, I can see it is from the people I bought my piroutte WordPress theme from (CurlyThemes). I will connect with them to see if they have an update or as you say I will try to find an alternative.

Thank you again for all your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.