Delete buttom frontend

Home Forums Guestbook Add-On Delete buttom frontend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sylvain Lagacé
    Participant

English follow

Désolé encore un petit soucis. Le bouton supprimer via le frontend ne supprime pas les publications.

Sorry one more little problem. The delete button via the frontend does not delete posts.

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Strange, here it works.

Do you get an error or is there an error in the console?

Please be aware that only the author (logged in) and moderators can see that Delete link.

Sylvain Lagacé
    Participant

Yes I know. but when the moderator or the administrator clicks, there is a loading but the post does not disappear.

We need to remove it directly from the dashboard.

If you want. I can create moderator access for you so you can see for yourself.

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

I am sorry, but I don’t understand anymore if this is about the frontend or the dashboard. And if it is about the dashboard, which page exactly.

When you press ‘delete’ on the frontend, it should be deleted from the frontend with a disappearing animation. It will not be visible from then on anymore.

If you go to the Entries page in the dashboard and for example hit the AJAX action ‘trash’, it will be marked as trashed. It will not be deleted immediately.
    If you want to see only visible entries, you can click on the second link on the top of the page.
    Deleting immediately would be considered a very bad idea. There are AJAX buttons that would delete it, it would be very easy to do a ghost click and delete entries, without any way to bring them back.

I am not allowed to have admin access to websites, I also prefer not to do that.

By the way, you say “you need to” without giving any arguments why you would need to. Can you share the arguments about why it is needed?

Sylvain Lagacé
    Participant

Do not be sorry. The error was mine. It’s ok now it works.

I’m sorry for my bad English and for taking your time.

Thank you for your honesty, and bravo for the support, you take the trouble to answer and try to understand. Best wishes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.