Changing text strings

Home Forums Guestbook Add-On Changing text strings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    info@afors.org
    Participant

Hi,

I am using this plugin as a way to collect signatures for my organization’s declaration document. I would like to change some of the text in the list of entries, and can’t seem to get it to work through the add-on’s text string section. I was able to change the text “write a new entry” to open the form though through the text string section. Is there another way to change these following parts of the text?

In the sidebar widget, I’d like to remove the colon after the date and altogether the message: “No content to display. This entry is empty.” since we simply want to list the signatories names etc.

In the main list of entries, I’d like to change the word “wrote” to “signed” and remove the colon after the date, since there is no message to show.

Here is the link to where I have the guestbook on our website: http://afors.org/declaration-of-co-creation-and-interdependence/

Thanks!

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thank you for your post. I see this guestbook plugin is being used more for all kinds of usecases, so it is good to make it more customizable.

About the “write a new entry” you can change that already in the settings of the main guestbook plugin.

About the “signed on” text, it should be possible with 4.1.2 which was just released. Try this CSS:

span.gb-date-text::before {
        content: 'signed on ';
    }
    i.gb-no-content,
    span.gb-date-wrote-text {
        display: none;
    }

The colons you mention have been removed.

Does this help you?

info@afors.org
    Participant

That worked perfectly, thank you so much for you help!

For the comment: “About the “write a new entry” you can change that already in the settings of the main guestbook plugin.” – where is this? I do not see this option anywhere in the settings. Please advise (though I imagine I can manually change the PHP of the plugin).

Marcel Pol
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler,
    The header section can be changed in the settings.

The button can be changed with a PHP filter. An example for that filter is here:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/gwolle-gb/trunk/docs/filters/gwolle_gb_button.txt

The example code can be placed in the functions.php file of your theme, or an own plugin, or a child theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.