Reply To: Wrong displayed characters äöüß /text attributes displayed in brackets

Home Forums Guestbook Add-On Wrong displayed characters äöüß /text attributes displayed in brackets Reply To: Wrong displayed characters äöüß /text attributes displayed in brackets

Marcel Pol
Keymaster

Hi Peter,
1. I understand BBcode might not be the most readable for people. I am sorry, but I don’t plan on adding real html to the editor, I just don’t feel comfortable doing that.
I can understand you would want it readable in email as well, but most emails in WordPress are plain text, I think html email is not the default. Adding html tags to plain text email will make it less readable.

2. Hmm, that is annoying and not supposed to happen. That only happens in emails, not on the website when reading or editing entries? If it is only in email, could you forward such an email to marcel@timelord.nl? That way I can look if anything is wrong. What could be happening is the wrong encoding for email, which might be a header or the content itself.
If it only happens in email, I don’t think the problem is in this plugin, but somewhere in the generating, sending or receiving of the email.